Last night, three-star RB and major Virginia Tech target Tahj Gary announced that he will be making his collegiate decision tomorrow.
The three-star RB was recently on campus for Virginia Tech's game against Notre Dame and also took an official visit to South Carolina at the beginning of September according to 247 Sports
The Hokies do have one RB commit in Keshawn King, but Virginia Tech seemed likely to add a second RB ever since given their current RB situation with Gary being a top target. If the Hokies do get Gary, the Hokies should be done at running back with the Atlanta tailback and King.
My most recent prediction
was in the Hokies' favor and at this time, I continue to stand by that prediction. For weeks, the Hokies have had the momentum in Gary's recruitment and the fact that he has taken a non-official visit to a top contender in Virginia Tech is another sign of how great his interest is in the Hokies.
Tahj Gary in the Recruiting Rankings
Among running backs, Gary is ranked 35th best by Rivals
, 40th best by the 247 Sports Composite, 43rd best by 247 Sports
, and 50th best by ESPN
. In the state of Georgia, Gary is ranked 63rd best by Rivals, 66th best by the 247 Sports Composite, 71st best by 247 Sports, and 77th best by ESPN.
Tahj Gary's Offer List (According to 247 Sports)
- ACC: Virginia Tech, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Louisville, North Carolina, NC State, Pittsburgh
- SEC: Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina
- Big 10: Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue
- Big 12: Kansas State, West Virginia
- Pac-12: Oregon State
- AAC: Cincinnati, East Carolina, Memphis
- Mountain West: Colorado State
- Conference USA: FIU, Florida Atlantic, Marshall, Texas-San Antonio, Western Kentucky
- MAC: Ball State, Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Miami (OH), Ohio
- Sun Belt: Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, South Alabama, Troy
Photo Credit: Harley Taylor
Stay up with The Tech Lunch Pail for the latest on Virginia Tech. Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Subscribe to our email updates.